Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some Great News

Hi everyone,

I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving! Doug and I had a great trip home to Saratoga to spend the holiday with my parents, and had a great time with them while we were there. Very relaxing, with lots of good food and quality time with my parents whom we don't see very often!

We wanted to share the good news with those of you who may not already know, but Doug and I are engaged! Last night Doug planned a suprise party at our friend Pete's house. He told me that we were going to the Hoffman's annual Christmas party and that we probably wouldn't know very many people there. Little did I know! We walked into Pete's house, and in the room were all of our friends--all of my very best girlfriends were there (except for Shelv, Liz, and Stacy---MISSED you girls last night!) and Doug's friends, along with lots of other special people---friends of Doug's from work, David and Rebecca Cooper, The Andersons, and the list goes on! I was just getting over the shock of the fact that all of these people had gotten together for a party for me--and then Doug got down on one knee and it was absolutely perfect. I had mentioned to him at one point when we first started dating that when I got engaged I wanted all of my friends to be there to share it with, and he remembered that! The party was wonderful and everyone had a great time. We both have the most amazing friends in the world. Jason and Barbara did a phenomenal job as well with all of the food and just helping to make sure everything went off without a hitch. We are also so grateful to Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman who were so generous in hosting the party and just making it a perfect night.

So at a time in our lives when we have so much going on that is negative, we wanted to share something positive. I am so lucky to be able to be with this man for the rest of my life, and I'm so excited for everything that is to come for us. He makes me the person I am today, and a better person at that. He has taught me strength, patience, kindness, and what it means to really love someone. I am so happy that during a time that is filled with so much that is hard, saying "yes" was something that was the easiest thing in the world!

I know I owe everyone an update on how Doug is doing, but I am going to save that for another post. For now, we are enjoying being together and looking forward to a holiday season filled with our family, our friends, and everything good in the world.

I'll post pictures soon!

Love you all!
Lindsey

4 comments:

roamroller said...

Congratulations, you two!

Unknown said...

Doug and Lindsey,

Great news.

Congratulations on the engagement.

Regards,
John D.

Diana said...

I am very happy for you! Best news I've heard in a while! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO sincerely happy for both of you!!! Lindsey, you have been proving what a wonderful human you are, and Doug, well, we already knew, (I think you had made sure we knew over the past 26 years). BUT seriously, Doug, you also are a wonderful human being for going to all the effort to show Lindsey how much she means to you!

I look forward to many upcomg festivities (if you invite me!)

All the blessings and love this world can offer to you both!

Love from Kateri