Friday, September 12, 2008

Postop Day 3

Hey everyone,

I'm writing this from Doug's hospital room. It is about 7 pm on Friday evening, and just want to give an update about the day today.

Today Doug had another good day, although I think he had such a good day yesterday that he really tired himself out and has not been quite as alert and awake today as yesterday. However, he still did manage to do a good walk down the hallway with the walker.

Doug had a good night last night, although we were both just getting used to being on this floor and haveing the nurses come in and out all night. we were probably up once an hour or so, but I think he got some good sleep in between nurse visits. I was also tired this morning, so while he was catching up on some rest I went back to the lodge to nap for a couple of hours and get some food and relax for a bit. It took me about 10 seconds to fall asleep!

So today was more of the same--every day Doug feels a little bit better--its a long tough road and he'll have to be patient---not necessarily a virtue of either one of ours! I do know that it will do him a lot of good to see a couple of his friends and just to hang out for a bit. I know I'm looking forward to seeing my mom tomorrow! More to come later!

Love,
Lindsey

4 comments:

Alan said...

Hey Doug+Lindsey, just thinkin about you two. Glad to hear you're out of the ICU.
Lindsey you're so great for writing these posts. I appreciate you being there for my boy Doug. Make sure you take care of yourself too. Danielle sends her love to you both.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Doug.....Glad to hear you have been able to get up and move around, but get your rest too...(Lindsey too!). It's so nice to be able to keep up to date with the posts with how you are both doing. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Bob and Pam

Anonymous said...

Doug and Linds,

We hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends and family. Doug we are glad to hear that every day gets better.
Hugs and kisses,
Rosie, Bri and the kids

Anonymous said...

Hi again! Glad to see that Doug is pushing himself...but not too hard. Keep up the good work...get sleep when you can...and keep thinking postive. Wish I could be there with you! MWAH MWAH MWAH

Love you,
Celia